e-PSM 311: Introduction & Workshop to BowTie Analysis
COURSE DESCRIPTION DURATION: 7 Hours, 1/2 day LIVE training
As an introduction, this course provides training on the BowTie methodology of risk analysis that pictorially depicts causal relationship in high risk scenarios. It provides a visual representation of all likely incident scenarios around a hazard and identifies the controls that a company could use to control those scenarios. The participants will learn the fundamentals of the methodology with hands-on exercises.
For the workshop, the participant will work with hands-on examples and apply BowTie concepts. This course will use CGE’s BowTieXP software for implementing BowTie Analysis. Participants are encouraged to send their own examples ahead of time if possible so that a BowTie Analysis can be developed for an example that they are familiar with.
Note: PSRG will provide a 30-day trial license of BowTieXP Advance for attendees’ practices.
- Learn the BowTie methodology of risk analysis that pictorially depicts causal relationship in high
- Learn to use this technique as an alternative to other practiced compliance methods
- Easy representation of hazards, top events and barriers to present to management
- Learn how to implement BowTie with different examples
- Learn how to use BowTieXP when implementing BowTie Analysis for Process Hazard Analysis
- Introduce use of BowTieXP for incident and other risk assessments
Who Should Attend
- PSM Managers and Coordinators
- Professionals interested in learning about risk analysis
- Experienced PHA Leaders/Scribes
- Operations, Safety and Project Managers; Process and Safety Engineers
- Risk Management
- BowTie History
- Overview BowTie
- BowTie Methodology (with exercises)
- Top Events
- Escalations Factors
- Escalations Factors Barriers
- Barrier Attributes
- Barrier Function and Type
- ALARP Demonstration using Bowtie analysis and LOPA
- Introduction to BowTie Software
- A 1-day workshop on BowTie Software with LIVE trainer after completion of modules/quizzes.