Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center (College Station, TX) Oct 23-25 2012. Visit PSRG Booth.
This symposium serves as the crossroads for process safety where industry, academia, government agencies and other stakeholders come together to discuss critical issues of research in process safety. Experts from around the world will gather as part of this two and a half-day symposium, to share the latest information on the hottest topics aimed at making the process industry a safer place. The symposium “Beyond Regulatory Compliance, Making Safety Second Nature” is scheduled for Oct. 23-25, 2012 at the Hilton Conference Center and will feature wide variety of safety-related lectures and presentations. In addition, the symposium will feature an exhibit area where companies can demonstrate the latest products, technology and software related to process safety.
- Metrics for Safety Performance – Leading and Lagging Indicators, Industry vs. Organization
- Process Safety Career Development and Education
- Engineering for Resilience
- Case Studies – Histories, Lessons Learned, Databases
- Inherently Safer Processes – New Processes, Existing Plants, Man – Machine Interface
- Human Factors – Engineering, Behavioral Safety, Human Error
- Management for Process Safety – PS Engineering, PSM components, PSM with limited resources, Innovative strategies for improvement
- Accident Investigation
- Safety Culture – Relationship to high consequence/low probability events
- Facility Siting – Personnel Siting
- LNG – Design, Experiment Evaluation, Consequence Analysis, Mitigation, Research needs, Regulations
- Control Systems – Unusual Situation Mgmt., Safety Instrumented Systems, Integrity Levels, Reliability analysis, Reliance on SIS, Alarm Mgmt.
- Risk Assessment, Analysis and Management
- Reactive Chemistry – Predicting Reactivity, Role of Contaminants, Catalysts and Inhibitors, Case Histories, Experimental Methods
- Equipment Integrity – Design for Maintenance, Maintenance Hazard Analysis, Monitoring
Please use the link for additional details: