e-PSM 311: Introduction & Workshop to BowTie Analysis – (In Spanish) – Houston Time – April 28
April 28 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm UTC-6USD595
COURSE DESCRIPTION DURATION: 7 Hours, 1/2 day LIVE training on April 28, 9AM-4PM
PSRG is using hybrid learning for Introduction & Workshop to BowTie Analysis via TalentLMS platform. You will go through modules that each followed by a 2-3 question quiz for reinforcement. The system requires that each module be completed and the interim quizzes be passed before moving on to the next module. Upon completing the modules there is a scheduled live question and answer session, workshops, and exercises with PSRG’s trainer. Those are followed by a graded quiz online and issue of a certificate once you pass the final quiz.
As an introduction, this course provides training on the BowTie methodology of risk analysis that pictorially depicts causal relationship in high risk scenarios. It provides a visual representation of all likely incident scenarios around a hazard and identifies the controls that a company could use to control those scenarios. The participants will learn the fundamentals of the methodology with hands-on exercises.
For the 1/2 day workshop, the participant will work with hands-on examples and apply BowTie concepts. This course will use CGE’s BowTieXP software for implementing BowTie Analysis. Participants are encouraged to send their own examples ahead of time if possible so that a BowTie Analysis can be developed for an example that they are familiar with.
Note: PSRG will provide a 30-day trial license of BowTieXP Advance for attendees’ practices.
- Learn the BowTie methodology of risk analysis that pictorially depicts causal relationship in high
- Learn to use this technique as an alternative to other practiced compliance methods
- Easy representation of hazards, top events and barriers to present to management
- Learn how to implement BowTie with different examples
- Learn how to use BowTieXP when implementing BowTie Analysis for Process Hazard Analysis
- Introduce use of BowTieXP for incident and other risk assessments
Who Should Attend
- PSM Managers and Coordinators
- Professionals interested in learning about risk analysis
- Experienced PHA Leaders/Scribes
- Operations, Safety and Project Managers; Process and Safety Engineers
Course Outline Agenda:
- Risk Management
- Overview of BowTie
- Step One
- Step Two
- Step Three
- Step 4
- Step 5-6
- Step 7
- Step 8
- Risk and ALARP
- BowTie Examples
- Final Test
- Workshop: A 1/2-day workshop with hands-on examples and apply BowTie concepts.
- Course Evaluation
- Receive certificate of achievement for PDH credits